Monday, June 20, 2016

Allow me to introduce myself

Hello. Allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Eric and this is my blog.  I have attempted this whole blog thing before but kind of let it go by the wayside. But this time will be different, I promise. Since that first go around I have joined Instagram at the urging of my good friend Caity after many protests on my part fearing that it was all too hipster and I am anything but hip. That was 2 years ago and I have to admit I was very wrong about the whole Instagram thing and found myself addicted to it.  I loved finding new places to explore be it in real life or even just virtually, and have met some incredible people through the little photo sharing app. But I struggle with the insta part of Instagram.  I want to tell a deeper story, one that will serve as a journal of sorts of my adventures and the things that I have learned along the way.  Be it about myself or a certain trail or people I have met along the way. Hopefully you find this entertaining or beneficial in some way or another, it is my goal to try to uplift and inspire or perhaps just show you a new place to explore. I would love to hear your feedback along the way as well so please don't hesitate to comment.  I may not be quick to reply but I promise I will read each comment.

As I get this blog up and running feel free to take a gander through my excessive Instagram posts @e2the3. (I even put a little hyper link up above for your convenience.) But before you do that let my explain my username as people always ask me what it means.  Its simple really.  I have a very common name and as indicated above I was late to the Instagram party so any variation of my name was taken long ago, probably on day one of Instagram if we are being honest. When it came time to pick a username I figured my name was a nonstarter and quickly realized that any nickname was out as well, not that they were any more original than my name! So what was I to do? I didn't want some long bulky name with underscores and 15 digits worth of special characters. I wanted something simple that would also be unique and still be close to my name, which is how I came up with e2the3.  It is basically my own shorthand version of my name. The first letter is E, for Eric; 2 represents the second letter and 3 represents the letter C since I am Eric with a C not a K as I am asked all the time. That is it, no greater meaning just my way of trying to be creative with my very common name.

See you on the flip side! -e

No comments:

Post a Comment